Taman Jurong Brick Art interest group for year 2016 will be conducted at the level 4 music room on the 2nd last Saturday of the month from 10 to 11.30am (90mins) unless otherwise notify.
The dates are as follow:
- 23rd Jan 2016
- 20th Feb 2016
- 19th March 2016 - school holiday
- 23rd April 2016
- 28th May 2016 - school holiday (9.30am - 11.30am)
- 11st June 2016 - school holiday (9.30am - 11.30am)
- 25th June 2016 - school holiday (9.30am - 11.30am)
- 23rd July 2016
- 20th Aug 2016
- 17th Sept 2016
- 22nd Oct 2016
- 19th Nov 2016 - school holiday
- 24th Dec 2016 - Christmas eve
In additional, we have LEGO Robotics Workshops on 4th and 18th June 2016 from 9.30 to 11.30am.
BUILD TO PLAY, PLAY TO BOND!
"Mr. Lee Aik Lam, volunteer at Taman Jurong Community Club Brick Art IG, says that his passion for brick art comes from its 'flexibility and potential' . He feels empowered to build anything he can imagine and encourages parents to let their children experience it too: 'BRICK ART INSPIRES CHILDREN TO EXPRESS THEIR CREATIVITY - FIRST IN BUILDING THE STRUCTURE, THEN IN TELLING A STORY ABOUT IT.'"
BOND THROUGH PLAY
- Enjoy quality family time, thanks to the collaborative nature of brick art. By working towards a common goal and achieving it together, parents and their children share a deeper bond.
- Get creative! Creative thinking is the building blocl of art, allowing adults and children alike to give free rein to their imagination.
- Help your child's development. The spatial skills honed during brick are essential to solving maths problems. More complex brick play during the preschool years has been associated with better maths achievements later in school.